Sleeping Beast Games
Based in Montréal, Canada
November 29, 2012
Spaceteam is a cooperative party game for 2 to 4 players who shout technobabble at each other until their ship explodes. Each player needs a mobile device (Apple and Android can even play together over Wifi!). You'll be assigned a random control panel with buttons, switches, sliders, and dials. You need to follow time-sensitive instructions. However, the instructions are being sent to your teammates, so you have to coordinate before the time runs out. Also, the ship is falling apart. And you're trying to outrun an exploding star. Good luck. And remember to work together... as a Spaceteam!
- An untimely demise
- Beveled Nanobuzzers
- Auxillary Technoprobes
- Four-stroke Pluckers
GameSpot Plays SpaceteamYouTube
Giant Bomb: Quick LookYouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist - Independent Games Festival" San Francisco
- "Winner - International Mobile Gaming Awards (Innovation Award)" San Francisco
- "GameCity Prize 2013" Nottingham, England
- "Featured Game - IndieCade East" New York
- "Winner - IndieCade 2013 (Interaction Award)" Culver City
- "Selection - PAX East Indie Showcase" Boston
- "Winner - A MAZE. Indie Games Award 2013 (The Most Amazing Indie Game)" Berlin
- "40 fantastic free Android games"
- Craig Grannell, Stuff
- "Spaceteam is absolutely the one you need to download, as it may be the most fun multiplayer out there right now."
- , Three Mobile
- ""...it brings pure fun for multiple users.""
- Emircan Erdoğan, Softmonk.com
- "I have no idea what other apps we will see in the rest of 2013, but I can’t imagine any other app will come along that is as innovative and entertaining as this team-based game by Henry Smith."
- Ariel, famigo.com
- "...one of the best computerized party game experiences there is."
- , usgamer.net
- "Stunningly realistic..."
- Alice O'connor, shacknews.com
- "It's intense, it's deeply silly, and it's utterly brilliant."
- , pocketgamer.co.uk
- "...maddeningly fun..."
- Ozzie Mejia, shacknews.com
- "It's keen!"
- Conrad Zimmerman, destructoid.com
- "...guaranteed to be a hit at your next get-together."
- David Craddock, toucharcade.com
- "...one of the most exciting local multiplayer games I’ve experienced in a long time."
- David Martin, thegamejar.com
- "iOS high-tension simulator Spaceteam is a hit at the GS office. Find out why such an accessible game has a strong appeal."
- , gamespot.com
- "...beyond its brilliant idea, this is a game that anyone can play, that anyone can enjoy, and that everyone should download."
- Harry Slater, pocketgamer.co.uk
- "in Spaceteam, everyone hears you scream"
- , eurogamer.net
- "Spaceteam actually engages you with your friends; it’s more like playing a good board game"
- , macworld.com
- "Spaceteam is a perfect example of what social gaming could and should be."
- Greg Tailor, appletell.com
- "In een korte tijd is de iOS-game een kleine cultgame geworden die het hart van elke Star Trek- en algemene sciencefictionfan sneller laat kloppen."
- , gamer.nl
- "Overall for the sci-fi aficionado out there Spaceteam is the game to play when you have company and want to have a bit of fun, as long as the neighbours don't mind you being a little loud 5/5."
- Catherine Woolley, gamercast.net
- "Spaceteam es el party game definitivo para pajilleros del espacio"
- chiconuclear, anaitgames.com
- "This is the most innovative multiplayer iOS game that I’ve played in a long time. It’s incredibly fun shouting nonsense at other players, and it’s infinitely replayable."
- Juli, padgadget.com
- "Spaceteam is both a nerd fantasy made reality and utter chaos in digital form. It’s also a ridiculous amount of wacky fun."
- Rob Rich, 148apps.com
- "Spaceteam is a thrilling critique of technobabble, also our favorite iOS game of the weekend"
- Jamin Warren, killscreendaily.com
- "'Spaceteam' for iOS makes you scream sci-fi technobabble at your friends"
- Jeff Blagdon, theverge.com
- "Spaceteam is by far the most exciting party game I’ve played all year. "
- Debbie Timmins (Weefz), theaveragegamer.com
- "...one of the year’s best and most thoughtfully designed multiplayer experiences. "
- Brandon Boyer, venuspatrol.com
- "Spaceteam Will Make You And Your Friends Sound Like Idiots"
- Dan Ryckert, gameinformer.com
- "Amazingly fun."
- Jeff Scott, 148apps.com
- "This has been a phenomenal year for iOS games, but few have facilitated such a pure sensation of play as Spaceteam."
- Brendan Keogh, unwinnable.com
- "The perfect party game, and a wonderful example of true creativity and originality in the mobile games sector."
- Pete Davison, insidesocialgames.com
- "...an incredibly unique idea"
- Jared Nelson, toucharcade.com
- "Spaceteam is a fast-paced iOS game that mixes FTL, Artemis, and a whole bunch of screaming"
- [email protected] (Ben Kuchera), thepareport.com
Henry's Development Blog sleepingbeastgames.com.
About Sleeping Beast Games
Hi, I'm Henry. In 2012 I quit my job as a programmer at BioWare to spend a year making my own indie games. My first game is called Spaceteam, and I'm still going...
More information on Sleeping Beast Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design and Programming
Control Panel Art
Control Panel Art